Turkish konak

Activity Info


    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/augmfpow/public_html/sandanskicrossborder.com/en/wp-content/plugins/opalactivity/templates/single-activity/content.php on line 17

Description

According to unofficial data, the monumental old public building was built in 1821. During the Ottoman era, the town and district administration (Konak) was housed, and after 1913, when Melnik remained within Bulgaria, it was turned into a government building. Later, it was used for school, and after the construction of the new neighboring school in 1972, it became a boarding school.

Activity Video