Sveti Vrach Town Park

Activity Info

  • Лесна

Description

  • The people of Sandanski are proud of the beautiful Sveti Vrach Town Park – one of the biggest in Bulgaria and the only one with sand alleys. It was started by general Georgi Todorov, commander of Second Bulgarian Army, in 1916 – 1919, when together with his soldiers planted the first saplings of white and black pine and the imported from Italy cedar and sofor. On the territory of 344 daa grow around 200 Mediterranean plant species, among which centuries-old plane trees, declared natural landmarks. The soft climate favours the diversity of slender sequoia, magnolia, willoes, ginko biloba, cork oak, yew, pomegranate, and others.

    Over the Sandanska Bistritsa River, passing through the town park, are hanging two swinging wooden bridges. Here you can also find wooden gazebos, children’s playgrounds, numerous ponds, as well as a big artificial lake with paddle boats. In the heart of the park is located the Open Theater and the stadium of Sandanski.