Saint Anthony church
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/augmfpow/public_html/sandanskicrossborder.com/en/wp-content/plugins/opalactivity/templates/single-activity/content.php on line 17
The church is a monument of culture of national importance It was built in 1765. It is the only one in Bulgaria dedicated to saint Anthony.
There is a legend saying that the patron of the church – Saint Anthony healed the mentally ill people and as evidence one can see a column with iron chains where the most violent were bound. At the middle of the temple there is a special tablet with the two-headed eagle of the Patriarchate. Such tablets were put only on places where the healing powers were exceptionally strong.
The whole church was painted in flowers, cherubims, seraphims and angels. Extremely valuable are the iconostasis, icons (especially Mater Bozhiya and Saint Mother of God chestneyshuya heruvim from XVIII c.) and the wall-paintings.
Even today people come to the church to pray and purify their minds of the problems.